MUSTAFAPACHA URGUP MUSTAFAPACHA CAPPADOCIA
MUSTAFAPACHA Formerly known as Sinasos, the village was inhabited by Greek Orthodox Christians until the 1924 population exchange between Greece and Turkey. There are several churches and chapels in the neighborhood, but only very few of them are worth visiting.
The Kara Kilise (Dark Church) has been named so because bonefires kindled in it by local shepherds (like in the case of the St. John Church of Gülsehir) had covered the walls and frescos with soot. The portrait of Hagios Vasilios (Saint Basil) is decorated with geometrical designs and flowers. The Church of the Precious Cross is partly carved-out of the tufa, partly built of stone blocks.